The Oatlands Park Hotel are currently on a drive to set the standards of excellence in the luxury sector of the hotel industry, one of Surrey’s most dynamic and successful industries. Located in a stunning setting in Weybridge the hotel employs almost one hundred of the most skilled, professional and dedicated people that the industry has to offer. We understand that every Guest is unique and our team strives to create individual moments of service excellence for our business and leisure travellers. Each member of The Oatlands team is an ambassador of our Company values: Teamwork, Integrity, Mutual Respect, Honesty, Passion for Service and Continual Improvement.
We truly feel everyone can contribute to the development of our business to exceed the needs & expectations of our guests.
If you would like to find out more please send a copy of your CV plus a short letter to Catherine Condon at Oatlands Park Hotel, 146 Oatlands Drive, Weybridge, Surrey KT13 9HB, or email@example.com. All information is treated in the strictest confidence.
N.B. As the availability of positions fluctuates, if we cannot offer anything suitable at the time, we will retain your details for a maximum period of 3 months, so we may be able to re-contact you.
If you would rather we held information for a shorter period, please let us know.
- Competitive salary
- Meals on Duty
- Provision and laundry of uniform
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Recognition Awards
- Free car parking
Meetings and Events Co-Ordinator
Responsibility for conference bookings and liaising with operations to provide them with the information required to ensure they run an efficient function.
- Maximise usage of conference rooms and accommodation to ensure optimum revenue is generated.
- Ensure accuracy of information received and transmitted within the department.
- Knowledge of the hotel as a whole, with specific reference to conference room capabilities, layouts and usage.
- Produce functions contracts for all confirmed booking.
- Knowledge of pricing policy and credit terms within the unit. Communicating with accounts on a regular basis and ensure payment policies are adhered too.
- Taking of conference and banqueting bookings and the processing of such bookings using the systems available.
- Follow up of conference and banqueting bookings to ensure unconfirmed reservations are not held beyond fourteen days.
- Communication with clients both verbal and in writing regarding all aspects of conference and banqueting as discussed.
- Ensure details of conference and banqueting are available for distribution to relevant departments in time for them to make appropriate arrangements.
- Distribution of specific details relating to conference and banqueting functions on a weekly and daily basis.
- Liaison between departments specifically related to the conference and banqueting department whether in verbal or written form
- To partake in appoints specifically related to conference and banqueting which may be prearranged or on a walk in basis.
- Assist in the meeting and greeting of conference and banqueting organisers as instructed.
- Co-ordinate and assist Sales & Marketing department in sales leads/follow ups/enquiries.
- Ensure that correspondence is up to date in relation to confererence and banqueting reservations.
- Assist in the liaison with clients during their time at the hotel in conjunction with the Duty Manager.
- Recognise the need for the distribution of information to allow departments within the unit to perform.
- Ensure booking of bedrooms in relation to conferences is accurate and correct verbal/written information is available to reception office.
- Partake in sales & marketing activities when and where necessary.
- Any other related tasks.
- Excellent organisation skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- A ‘people person’ with excellent interpersonal skills
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Good computer skills (Microsoft office)
- Knowledge of Opera booking system
Weddings and Events Executive
Salary – up to £21,000 dependent on experience plus benefits
To support the Business Objectives set by the Meetings and Events Manager by providing a highly professional and efficient standard of service to our customers. Effectively mediate between the Weddings and Events operations and to achieve maximum profit and maximum guest satisfaction. To ensure the facilities of the hotel are sold in a professional manner and to provide accurate co-ordination of customer events by maintaining continuity of contact between clients and the hotel from enquiry stage to the event itself.
We take our values very seriously and our team should strive to always:
- Act with INTEGRITY
- Deliver EXCELLENCE
- Have the AMBITION to continuously improve, and
- Show that we CARE
We want our guests to relax and be themselves which means we need you to:
- Be you by being natural, professional and personable in the way you are with people
- Get ready by taking notice and using your knowledge so that you are prepared for anything
- Show you care by being thoughtful in the way you welcome and connect with guests
- Take action by showing initiative, taking ownership and going the extra mile
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain timely response and follow up to enquiries according to the hotel standards
- To ensure correct and effective selling of Wedding and banqueting space by maintaining the selling strategy for selling group accommodation & events as set by the Meetings and Events Manager.
- Conduct Site Inspections using Sales Skills with a view to closing business.
- Maintain effective and appropriate liaison with clients both before and whilst on property for site inspections and events
- Ensure a thorough handover is administered to appropriate departments for all Weddings and Events by a weekly function sheet meeting and daily operation meetings which take place before the morning meeting.
- Present all written material in a professional and creative way
- Assist in compiling Contracts for all Wedding & Banqueting associated business, ensure proper signatory and issue timely.
- Manage workload by prioritising regularly aligning your daily task list as set by the Meetings and Events Manager.
- Produce Function Sheets and Check -In reports which detail client requirements accurately and timely – with clients’ signature as agreement where necessary.
- Adhere to all standards and procedures laid out in the Sales SOP manual.
- Project a pleasant, positive and professional image to all contacts all times.
- To ensure, with the team, the efficient co-ordination of customer events through excellent administration skills and continuity of contact between clients and the hotel, alongside the operational teams, assist with room set up and final check list sign off prior to client arrival.
- To complete telesales calls if required in line targets set by the Meetings & Events Manager and assist the sales team to achieve increases in revenue.
- To assist the Sales Team with sourcing new leads from Industry specific sector projects.
- Maintaining the existing database through updating information held on the Opera system quarterly.
- Attend all sales internal meetings and gain knowledge on the areas which the sales team need your research and account qualification focus to be.
- To provide quick and responsive support to the hotel and ensure messages are forwarded appropriately and the sales team receive all correspondence intended for them
- To assist the team in their absence, the maintenance of all client files records and update as and where necessary.
- To deal with any initial sales enquires and brochure requests and to pass on to the relevant
- To ensure active communication with the Sales Team at the appropriate time.
- To conduct internal show rounds as and when required.
- To assist with organising and attending client evenings at the hotel.
- To produce a weekly report on Enq/ Prov/Conf bookings
- Attend where necessary all internal and external events
- Alongside the C&B Operations Manager, you will Co-ordinate the day to day operations of the Wedding & Banqueting floor to obtain maximum profit and maximum guest satisfaction
- To ensure the C&B Operational team prepare and distribute accurate and timely information to all relevant operational departments, with regard to client requirements.
- Meet & Greet function organisers and Wedding party on arrival and ensure a full introduction is completed that their requests are dealt with and completed.
- Ensure that all details on the event order are delivered
- Follow up problems which may arise from event/ wedding order and room allocations and rectify as soon as possible
- Maintain master file of Wedding & Banquet functions
- Supervise VIP functions as required
- Ensure rooms, quality of food and final set up are inspected regularly alongside the C&B Operations Manager and Restaurant & Bar Manager
- Ensure all equipment requests are fulfilled
- Ensure that wedding and events material stock is maintained
- Conduct quality and service standards questionnaires with all events/ wedding parties
- Alongside the C&B Operations Manager and Restaurant & Bar Manager, ensure that all operational teams are fully trained in the different cultural expectations and partner preferences and act accordingly.
- Demonstrate service attributes in accordance with industry expectations and company standards including:
- Being attentive to Guests
- Accurately and promptly fulfilling Guests requests
- Anticipate Guests needs
- Maintain a high level of knowledge which affects the Guest experience
- Demonstrating a ‘service’ attitude
- Taking appropriate action to resolve guest complaints
- Appreciate the dynamic nature of the Hotel industry and extend these service attributes to all internal customers
Health, Safety and Security
- Demonstrate understanding and awareness of all company policies and procedures relating to Health, Hygiene and Fire Life Safety and ensure your direct reports do the same
- Familiarise yourself with emergency and evacuation procedures.
- Ensure all security incidents, accidents and near misses are logged investigated and rectified to prevent future catastrophes
- Comply with the Company’s Corporate Code of Conduct
- Familiarise yourself with the company values and model desired behaviours
- Perform tasks as directed by the Manager in pursuit of the achievement of business goals
- Volume of Events/ Weddings.
- Volume of new Events/ Weddings enquiries.
- Volume of face to face appointments.
- Generation of revenue by market segments.
- Achievement of other wedding and events sales targets.
This list cannot be too exhaustive due to the nature of the hotel industry. Your manager may therefore ask you to carry out duties within your capabilities from time-to-time, which you will be expected to perform.
We do not require the assistance of Recruitment Agencies at this time. The Oatlands Park Hotel is an equal opportunities employer.
If you would like to apply for any of the above positions please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or simply contact the hotel directly at the switchboard.