The Oatlands Park Hotel are currently on a drive to set the standards of excellence in the luxury sector of the hotel industry, one of Surrey’s most dynamic and successful industries. Located in a stunning setting in Weybridge the hotel employs almost one hundred of the most skilled, professional and dedicated people that the industry has to offer. We understand that every Guest is unique and our team strives to create individual moments of service excellence for our business and leisure travellers. Each member of The Oatlands team is an ambassador of our Company values: Teamwork, Integrity, Mutual Respect, Honesty, Passion for Service and Continual Improvement.
We truly feel everyone can contribute to the development of our business to exceed the needs & expectations of our guests.
If you would like to find out more please send a copy of your CV plus a short letter to Ness Sekakmia at Oatlands Park Hotel, 146 Oatlands Drive, Weybridge, Surrey KT13 9HB, or firstname.lastname@example.org. All information is treated in the strictest confidence.
N.B. As the availability of positions fluctuates, if we cannot offer anything suitable at the time, we will retain your details for a maximum period of 3 months, so we may be able to re-contact you.
If you would rather we held information for a shorter period, please let us know.
- Competitive salary
- Meals on Duty
- Provision and laundry of uniform
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Recognition Awards
- Free car parking
Weddings and Events Executive
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain timely response and follow up to enquiries according to the hotel standards
- To ensure correct and effective selling of Wedding and banqueting space by maintaining the selling strategy for selling group accommodation & events as set by the Meetings and Events Manager.
- Conduct Site Inspections using Sales Skills with a view to closing business.
- Maintain effective and appropriate liaison with clients both before and whilst on property for site inspections and events
- Ensure a thorough handover is administered to appropriate departments for all Weddings and Events by a weekly function sheet meeting and daily operation meetings which take place before the morning meeting.
- Present all written material in a professional and creative way
- Assist in compiling Contracts for all Wedding & Banqueting associated business, ensure proper signatory and issue timely.
- Manage workload by prioritising regularly aligning your daily task list as set by the Meetings and Events Manager.
- Produce Function Sheets and Check -In reports which detail client requirements accurately and timely – with clients’ signature as agreement where necessary.
- Adhere to all standards and procedures laid out in the Sales SOP manual.
- Project a pleasant, positive and professional image to all contacts all times.
- To ensure, with the team, the efficient co-ordination of customer events through excellent administration skills and continuity of contact between clients and the hotel, alongside the operational teams, assist with room set up and final check list sign off prior to client arrival.
- To complete telesales calls if required in line targets set by the Meetings & Events Manager and assist the sales team to achieve increases in revenue.
- To assist the Sales Team with sourcing new leads from Industry specific sector projects.
- Maintaining the existing database through updating information held on the Opera system quarterly.
- Attend all sales internal meetings and gain knowledge on the areas which the sales team need your research and account qualification focus to be.
- To provide quick and responsive support to the hotel and ensure messages are forwarded appropriately and the sales team receive all correspondence intended for them
- To assist the team in their absence, the maintenance of all client files records and update as and where necessary.
- To deal with any initial sales enquires and brochure requests and to pass on to the relevant
- To ensure active communication with the Sales Team at the appropriate time.
- To conduct internal show rounds as and when required.
- To assist with organising and attending client evenings at the hotel.
- To produce a weekly report on Enq/ Prov/Conf bookings
- Attend where necessary all internal and external events
- Alongside the C&B Operations Manager, you will Co-ordinate the day to day operations of the Wedding & Banqueting floor to obtain maximum profit and maximum guest satisfaction
- To ensure the C&B Operational team prepare and distribute accurate and timely information to all relevant operational departments, with regard to client requirements.
- Meet & Greet function organisers and Wedding party on arrival and ensure a full introduction is completed that their requests are dealt with and completed.
- Ensure that all details on the event order are delivered
- Follow up problems which may arise from event/ wedding order and room allocations and rectify as soon as possible
- Maintain master file of Wedding & Banquet functions
- Supervise VIP functions as required
- Ensure rooms, quality of food and final set up are inspected regularly alongside the C&B Operations Manager and Restaurant & Bar Manager
- Ensure all equipment requests are fulfilled
- Ensure that wedding and events material stock is maintained
- Conduct quality and service standards questionnaires with all events/ wedding parties
- Alongside the C&B Operations Manager and Restaurant & Bar Manager, ensure that all operational teams are fully trained in the different cultural expectations and partner preferences and act accordingly.
- Demonstrate service attributes in accordance with industry expectations and company standards including:
- Being attentive to Guests
- Accurately and promptly fulfilling Guests requests
- Anticipate Guests needs
- Maintain a high level of knowledge which affects the Guest experience
- Demonstrating a ‘service’ attitude
- Taking appropriate action to resolve guest complaints
- Appreciate the dynamic nature of the Hotel industry and extend these service attributes to all internal customers
Health, Safety and Security
- Demonstrate understanding and awareness of all company policies and procedures relating to Health, Hygiene and Fire Life Safety and ensure your direct reports do the same
- Familiarise yourself with emergency and evacuation procedures.
- Ensure all security incidents, accidents and near misses are logged investigated and rectified to prevent future catastrophes
- Comply with the Company’s Corporate Code of Conduct
- Familiarise yourself with the company values and model desired behaviours
- Perform tasks as directed by the Manager in pursuit of the achievement of business goals
- Volume of Events/ Weddings.
- Volume of new Events/ Weddings enquiries.
- Volume of face to face appointments.
- Generation of revenue by market segments.
- Achievement of other wedding and events sales targets.
This list cannot be too exhaustive due to the nature of the hotel industry. Your manager may therefore ask you to carry out duties within your capabilities from time-to-time, which you will be expected to perform.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To take pride in everything I do.
- To consistently deliver outstanding hospitality.
- To anticipate and react to the needs of our guests.
- To take ownership for my personal development and performance.
- To contribute to the overall effectiveness and performance of my team.
- To consistently deliver Oatlands Park Hotel core standards which are relevant to my role.
- To maintain a safe and clean environment.
- To take responsibility for understanding our products and services.
- To proactively look for ways to improve or enhance the guest experience.
- To use feedback to improve my personal performance whilst activity encouraging feedback from others.
- To give my full to support to company initiatives.
- To complete and act upon training (including statutory) in line with company policy and procedures.
- To follow all processes assigned to my role ensuring full compliance.
- To identify any barriers or challenges which may prevent me from delivering on agreed processes.
- To take responsibility for keeping up to date with any changes in my department.
- To have an awareness and understanding of operational costs related to the performance of my job role.
- To look for ways to protect the profit of the organisation without compromising the guest experience.
- Be aware of department objectives and ensure all sales opportunities are exploited (OWS).
- To promote the products and services to our guest at every opportunity.
- Spot and act on every opportunity for sales.
- To act upon any reasonable instructions from management as pertains to my job responsibilities.
JOB SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- To ensure core and departmental standards are adhered to at all times.
- To exceed customer expectations (Wow Factor).
- To give the hotel a lasting first and last impression.
- To ensure consistent, efficient and friendly service is given throughout a guests stay.
- Service maintained when front office systems go down.
- Ensure that the desk is manned at all times.
- Has a basic understanding of local attractions.
- To perform a thorough handover at the end of each shift.
- To feedback positive and negative comments from guests to relevant departments.
- To ensure any communication for a guest gets to them promptly.
- To ensure calls are transferred to the relevant departments quickly and efficiently.
- To ensure messages and bookings are taken and delivered promptly to other departments within the hotel.
- To handle guest problems and queries in a professional manner.
- To maximise every opportunity to capture revenue.
- To be fully aware of how to make a reservation.
- To know how to handle an ‘ out of hours’ conference or wedding enquiry professionally.
- Ensures to upsell at all relevant opportunities, to enhance to guest stay and the benefit of the hotel.
- To proactively listen for sales leads and pass to the relevant department.
- To have an excellent understanding of the hotel Front Office System.
- To have a basic knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook and know how to locate various documents.
- To understand the switchboard and telephone systems.
- To know how to access the relevant helpdesks if any systems go down.
- Carry out departmental check list in accordance with departmental procedures.
- To have a basic understanding of the back-up system.
- To have a clear understanding for all systems that interlink with reception – such as interfaces, servers, printers, POS systems, minibar, vincards, servebase.
- To ensure that cash and key handling procedures are being carried out in accordance with departmental standards.
- In compliance with the data protection act, keep all guest information private.
- To ensure hotel procedures are followed with regards to guest property.
Health & Safety
- To be aware of specific departmental Health & Safety regulations.
- Carry out risk assessments within the department with the department manager.
- Manage any Health & Safety issues and report to the necessary person.
- To have a full understanding of the emergency procedures.
Administer and process all starter actions, HR administration, in a timely, accurate and legally compliant manner.
Check references of new starters and take action as appropriate
Check and log work permit, visa and ID data in a timely and accurate manner and complete annual checks as required
Produce bank account letters for new starters if applicable
Administration of pension plans and private healthcare
Ensure employee data and files are current, accurate and meet statutory requirements
Pass regular file audits
Deal with queries from managers and staff regarding all areas of HR administration
Generate monthly reports on subjects such as labour turnover, starters, leavers, sickness and absenteeism, as required
Complete maternity/paternity administration
Manage administration of long service awards, birthday lists etc
Provide support for STI processes including a hotel log of eligible employees.
Ensure employee’s salary data meets NMW requirements, produce reports, make adjustments and produce letters and contracts when appropriate
Manage administration around exit interviews
Deal with incoming reference requests and data enquiries (e.g. government agencies, Inland Revenue, future employers).
Facilitate membership of pension scheme for employees, informing them and when necessary, refer them to the Company Pension scheme
Track employees on maternity leave.
Educated to at least GCSE or equivalent
CPP qualified (desirable)
1-2 years experience within a HR or centralised support administration role
Good IT skills (word, excel, power-point, outlook)
Strong communication skills with good verbal and written English
Excellent attention to detail
Excellent speed of processing information in an accurate manner
We do not require the assistance of Recruitment Agencies at this time. The Oatlands Park Hotel is an equal opportunities employer.
If you would like to apply for any of the above positions please forward your CV to email@example.com or simply contact the hotel directly at the switchboard.